The 24th European Fusion Physics Workshop 2016 will take place from 28th to 30th November 2016 at the Hotel ARIES in Zakopane, Poland (south of the country). It is hosted by the Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion (IPPLM) within EUROfusion.
This year’s topic is "Towards improved plasma performance in ITER and DEMO consistent with few and tolerable disruptions".
The STAC has agreed on the following session topics and proposed Session Chairs:
- Paths to reduced core heat transport (Jeronimo Garcia, CEA)
- Paths to improved core fuelling while controlling impurities and He ash (Thomas Pütterich, IPP)
- Improved pedestal (Hendrik Meyer, CCFE)
- Disruption avoidance (Carlo Sozzi, ENEA)
- Scenario integration (George Sips, JEU).
Programme Committee consists of:
- Chair: Duarte Borba
- STAC: Carlos Hidalgo, William Morris Jef Ongena, Jens Juul Rasmussen, Hartmut Zohm,
- PMU, PLs, TFLs: Emmanuel Joffrin, Isabel Nunes, Hendrik Meyer
Participants should plan to arrive during the afternoon/evening of Sunday, 27th November. The workshop is scheduled to finish around lunchtime on 30th November. Most participants should therefore be able to depart that day.
The closest airport is located in Cracow (100 km), but connections through Warsaw are also possible.
The LOC will provide transport service from/to the Cracow airport only on Sunday, 27th November afternoon/evening and Wednesday, 30th November afternoon (not included in the registration fee). Transfer schedule will be announced in due time.